1. The Power of Love
Love is at the heart of peace, freedom and connectedness.
- We are sensitive to the life choices of others.
- We transcend professional and human personas.
2. Extreme Ownership
Accountability is a crutch.
- We own everything in our world.
- We deliver on what we say.
3. There's Only Bad Leadership
Leadership is ultimately responsible for everything.
- We are leaders at all levels.
- We don’t preach excellence, we tolerate it.
4. Believing Is The First Step
Believe fully in the best idea and others will too.
- We kill ideas fast.
- We let the best ideas live.
5. Where Draws Out How
Destinations come before directions.
- We’re clear about where we’re going.
- We use the end to guide how we get there.
6. Beware The Ego
Personal ambitions are seconded to group objectives.
- We are humble and honorable.
- We don’t say we’re experts, we say that we’re beginners.
7. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance
Good plans executed today are better than perfect ones next week.
- We make simple, clear, objective based plans.
- We prioritize and execute relentlessly.
8. Keep It Simple
Simplicity is function first, form second.
- We start with First Principles
- We build elementally.
9. Decentralized Command
Psychological safety is the foundation of everything.
- We always understand leaderships intent.
- We have authority to experiment and act within that intent.
10. Lead Down And Up
Leadership is a group of leaders working together.
- We over communicate in all directions.
- We don’t ask what to do, we tell what we’re going to do.
11. Discipline = Freedom
The only thing that matters is doing it.
- We learn and experience as much as we can.
- We sacrifice in the short term to gain in the long.