1. Information We Collect
How we collect and store information depends on the Services you use and the activities in which you participate. You can use some of the Services without providing any information other than what is automatically collected as described below. Visitors who access and browse the Site without registering are “Site Visitors.” In order to utilize some of the Services offered by Kanna, you must register with Kanna. All users who register with Kanna are “Registered Users.”
All information that you provide to us when registering, posting a job, posting a profile, communicating through the Site, utilizing our mobile applications or that you otherwise provide on the Site or by phone, email, postal mail or otherwise, will be stored by us.
You may provide us with information in various ways, including:
- When you register directly through Kanna, we will collect and store the information that you provide to us on our online registration forms. This may include your: first and last name, email address, home address, birthday, phone number, photo, social security number and industry-related IDs. If you register for a Service that requires you to pay a fee, Kanna will also collect your payment method details and your billing address.
- Otherwise through the Site or by telephone, email, postal mail or chat, Registered Users may provide additional information through other Site features such as our online communication platforms, groups and payment platforms. In some cases, Site Visitors may have the ability to provide us information through the Site, such as contact information. In addition, both Registered Users and Site Visitors may choose to provide information by phone, email, postal mail, or chat.
- We may request permission to collect certain information from or about you. For example, if you use a Kanna mobile application, we may request permission to access information about the contacts listed in your mobile device phone book when you initiate an address book search for friends who have downloaded the application. We may also request permission to access and store your location (e.g., your precise GPS-based functionality on the mobile devices used to access the Site and Services). If you grant your permission, we will access and/or store such information unless you subsequently opt out by adjusting the settings in your device.
2. How We Use Information
3. How We Share Information
In addition to using the information collected by Kanna for the purposes described above, we may also share your information with various third parties, as described below.
- With All Site Visitors and Registered Users: If you are a Job Seeker or Employer, we share with Site Visitors and Registered Users the information that is included in your profile or job posting, as well as the following registration information: your first name, first initial of your last name, city, state, and (if provided) your profile picture. With certain exceptions, you choose how much detail you want to include in either your job posting or your profile. We may also share on your profile or job posting any Employer reviews you have posted on our Site, and any connections you have with other Kanna members, including the nature of those connections. If you are a Job Seeker and have elected to verify certain information with Kanna or to have a background check performed, we may also disclose that information in addition to your response rate and any payment or payroll preferences you have indicated. If you post information in a Kanna online group forum, that information may be viewed by any Site Visitor or Registered User who accesses the forum. We may display personal testimonials of Registered Users and other endorsements on our Site or in other marketing materials. These testimonials or endorsements may include information such as the Registered User's first name, first initial of last name, town and state. With a Registered User's consent, we may include their full name.
- With other Registered Users and corporate providers: In addition to the information that is provided to all Registered Users and Site Visitors, reviews and references are made available to certain Registered Users. If you are a Job Seeker, your phone number may be visible to certain Registered Users if you elect to share it in your profile. In addition, your approximate residential location (through Google map 7 plotting) is made available to certain Registered Users. If you are a Job Seeker or Employer, you will appear in search result listings if you match the search criteria used by a Job Seeker or Employer, as applicable. Similarly, you may appear in emails sent to Job Seeker and Employers in your area. If you register for our Kanna Gigs mobile application, other Registered Users of that application may search for you by name, email address, or other information. If they do, your name and profile photo will appear in the search results list and the searcher may contact you through the application to request to join your network or invite you to join theirs. No other information on the application will be shared with the Registered User unless you expressly allow them into your network. However, all information you post to the Kanna Gigs application will be available to all members of your network, including your precise GPS location when you post to the application if you have given us permission to access and collect your precise GPS location information. If we terminate your registration for any reason, we reserve the right to send a notice of your termination to other Registered Users with whom we believe you have corresponded.
- With vendors/service providers: We also share information with vendors with whom we have a contractual relationship and who perform services for Kanna such as, vendors who provide email, demographic information, or geo-location information services, vendors who perform background checks, vendors who process or accept credit card payments, vendors who run classified advertising businesses, vendors who send SMS messages to Registered Users’ mobile phone numbers, vendors who provide services that enable us and other third parties to detect and prevent fraud, in each case to the extent applicable. In certain cases (such as for vendors who help facilitate our online communication services or provide fraud detection and prevention services), the information we share may include the contents of written and audio messages you send through our online communication platforms.
- With our affiliates: You acknowledge that we may disclose any of the information we've collected about you to any of our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes of providing you with the Services soliciting you for potential employment opportunities with those affiliates or subsidiaries, and for other commercial purposes, including those of our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- With Your Consent we also may share your information with a third party if you consent to the sharing.
- Background Checks: Kanna offers various background check services from consumer reporting agencies. If you authorize a background check to be run on you in response to a request by an Employer who is considering hiring you, the results of the check will be shared directly with the Employer. If you are a Registered User who has requested a background check through Kanna, a statement may be included in your profile to confirm that you have completed that check. The service provider who completes the background check may also send the results to you by email or postal mail. You acknowledge that sensitive material may be included in your background check, and that you are responsible for providing us and our service provider (if applicable) with correct information.
4. Your Choices Regarding the Sharing of your Personal Information
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to change your account or preferences or to get more information regarding your personal information and how it is shared.
- You can update certain of your information by logging into your account and accessing your account settings. If you would like to remove some of the information you have posted on the Site, such as information you posted in profiles and job postings, you may do so by editing or deleting that item in your My Profile & Setting area. To request removal of other information you have voluntarily posted on our Site, such as information you may have posted in online group forums, contact email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to reasonably accommodate your request to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you no longer wish to participate in our Services, you may close your account directly through your account settings. If you close your account, we may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, de-identified information, account recovery, auditing our records, enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements, or if required by law. Kanna may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Registered Users. Kanna does not control when search engines update their search index or cache, which may contain certain job posts, profiles or other information that have since been removed from Kanna's Site.